Are Neon Signs Dangerous?
We explain why our signs are totally safe, both for humans and the environment alike! Our neon isn’t toxic — it’s just rad.
Thankfully, LED neon signs are not dangerous!
Our signs are low voltage (12 volts). That means they produce minimal heat so they’re safe to touch — even when they’ve been on all week! There is also zero glass in our product as we use our Rad Super Mini LED Neon, which has a similar feel to a piece of rubber tube. All signs are attached to an acrylic backing which, for the most part, is also hard to break.
On the chance that you do damage your LED neon sign, it will likely be the acrylic backing that cracks. The PVC tube that houses the LEDs is near impossible to smash open. It will not shatter like traditional neon, which is a glass tube and could easily be hazardous. We would never recommend using traditional neon signs in a kids room, for example — but our LED neon signs are an ideal, much safer option!
Are neon signs toxic for the environment?
No. Our neon signs are not dangerous for the environment. They specifically use low power-consuming LEDs, which are also considerably more environmentally friendly than the mercury or argon often found in traditional neon signs.
The main eco-friendly contributor is the use of our Rad Super Mini LED Neon. It consumes very little power, especially when compared to traditional neon. Not only are our neon signs not toxic, but they typically use less electricity than even a standard 30 - 80w light bulb.
This isn’t just a major benefit to the planet, but it means our signs are both cheaper to buy and cheaper to run, too, meaning they benefit your wallet in the long run.
Let’s be friends with benefits
Sign up to receive 10% off your first custom order, and to be in the know about deals and new collection items.